RCB - Random Chat Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oaki- BTW - Prologue(Chapter 1 up on my dA!)

Go down

Oaki- BTW - Prologue(Chapter 1 up on my dA!) Empty Oaki- BTW - Prologue(Chapter 1 up on my dA!)

Post by Midna Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 am

Born and raised wild, Oaki had been an average wolf pup. He always paid attention to the hunting training, paid more attention to battle training, and never ran off. His pack lived near human dwellings, and he often heard talk of that dwelling being called 'Bend.' It was a very green-bound area, mostly pine forests, rich in forest life of all shapes and sizes. It was here, on a mild Spring day that was normal for the area, that his life changed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oaki?" a soft, feminine voice questioned. Oaki's eyes blinked open and the year old male grunted in reply. A small, dainty she-wolf padded into his den. "Morning, sleepy-head. Zantel requests that you restock the fresh kill pile- I suggest with a deer or two. Fawn Lake is quite lively with them, so I'd head over there. And he also would appreciate you remarking the borders, if you find time. Good luck, Oaki." The female was named Ammon, and was Oaki's littermate. They were both offspring of the pack's alphas, Zantel and Kira. "Ammon!" the pack healer, Kizue, called. With a sweep of her black-tipped tail, the white she-wolf was gone.
Oaki gave a heave and got up onto all fours, yawning. He slowly padded out, shuddering as a cold blast of wind ruffled his fur.
Trotting out of camp, he headed toward Fawn Lake, which was located a few miles East, near the human dwellings. The sun barely reached the pine-needle covered ground, the clouds were so thick. It was chilly and the ground was damp from a recent rain. Oaki picked his way to the lake, sniffing the air for any intruders. All was silent and peaceful. Upon reaching the lake he hid in the bushes, watching the sandy bodies mill about, chewing on the grass that bordered the water. He made sure he was downwind of them, then searched out a weak or sick one, as was natural. Finally he spotted a small doe, nestled a few body-lengths away in a thicket of bushes. It was quite obviously badly injured- it's body was stunted, and behind it was a trail of blood. Body low, ears back and fur down, Oaki stalked toward it, lightly stepping over twigs and small puffs of grass. About a tail-length away, Oaki stopped- the doe's ears were pricked up and it's eyes were wide, as if it scented danger, but she wasn't looking at him. She WAS looking in his direction, but not at him. Over him, behind him. Ignoring that, he waited for her to look away. As soon as she hesitatingly began eating at a small thatch of grass, Oaki's front left paw glided forward, resuming the stalking motion, but something stopped him.

Underneath his left paw was something water-like in texture, and it pushed down as he stepped upon it. Immediately something snapped around his neck, causing him to give a throaty bark of surprise. The doe's head snapped up and she hobbled away, stumbling a few times in her desperate escape. However, something behind Oaki crunched a few twigs. Oaki attempted to wrench his head out but only hurt himself, stuck in an awkward position. Whatever it was behind him, it sounded heavy. Oaki struggled more, and the doe tripped, breaking her own leg. The scent of extreme fear emanated from the poor thing, her eyes wide and her body wreathing, mostly in pain but somewhat in panic. It was obvious that the doe was scared of something, something that definitely wasn't Oaki.
BANG!
A sound quite like a lightning strike reverberated in Oaki's sensitive ears. The doe gave a final heave of her body, but was still afterward. The kind of still that spoke of death. A small, bee-sized wound on the doe's chest poured out blood. As the crunching got louder and closer, Oaki's struggling got more fierce, but the thing around his neck refused to come off. He began yapping and barking, attempting to warn Ammon and the pack. Please, please...Ammon, Zantel, Kizue..someone HELP ME! he thought, still pulling on the chain.
"Hah-hah-hahah. Silly, silly creatu- oh, what's this? You're..purple? That's different. And red, too. Hm..you are DEFINITELY what I was hoping for. More, even!" A grated, cruel voice laughed triumphantly. At first, Oaki couldn't understand the voice- it was very fast spoken, and some of the words were so hastily said that it was a slur of words. However, by the end, Oaki caught on. A tall, pale creature covered in mud and something that looked close to the color of pine trees glared down at him. For a moment Oaki was confused- it was such an odd creature. Then, thinking back on the numerous summers he'd spent marking the border around the same area he was in now, he realized with a bit of shock that it was a human. It held a rounded, silver-gray object, from which billowed a small amount of smoke. Had that been what made the bang..? Oaki growled deeply, baring his teeth.

"Now, now. I'm not going to hurt you..much." The human snorted, pulling out a thing made of what Oaki guessed was some kind of leathery material. The man slowly grasped Oaki's scruff in his hands, causing Oaki to spin around, or at least attempt to. The human smirked and slipped the leather object over his muzzle, tightening it to where Oaki couldn't open his mouth the slightest. The human slowly reached up and pulled the thing around Oaki's neck down from an overhead branch, tugging it left. "Come on, you lazy lump of fur."
Oaki growled again, his ears back and eyes glaring. However, he knew he had no choice but to follow. He hesitated for a moment and the human kicked him on the flank. Oaki whimpered pathetically and followed the human, out of his own territory and past the camp.

Prologue to the story I'm gonna write.. Thoughts? You can find the full version(of the story) as I add it on my dA, http://dynabladeknight.deviantart.com/
Midna
Midna

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum